Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oil Rinses / Co-Washes

Oil Rinses / Co-Wash
  • I always co-wash using some type of oil. Rather I'm leaving the oil in my hair over night or applying oil to my wet hair and rinsing it out with a conditioner. I do not have a set oil rinse/co wash regimen but in a general sense - co washing with a oil is a must for me.
Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil - $3 (Ayurvedic Oil)
Organic/Pure Wheat Germ Oil  - $11 (Ceramide Oil)
Organic/Pure Hemp Seed Oil - $7 (Ceramide Oil)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Grocery Store
Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil - $10

(Most of these oils I purchase from eBay or the Vitamin Shoppe. My skin and hair loves 
coconut oil the best. The vatika coconut oil penetrates my hair as a deep conditioner would.)
 


 
  • Applying a conditioner that provides the best slip to my hair helps with my moisture, detangling, etc. Once I let the oil sit on my hair for about 2-3 minutes (under a shower cap), I follow up using.....
    • Suave Humectant Moisture Conditioner (DOES NOT contain any sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, and not tested on animals). Does contain dipropylene glycol *May try Suave Aloe & Ginseng Conditioner (contains organic ingredients)
    •  TRESemme Naturals - Nourishing Conditioner (CONTAINS Organic Aloe Vera & Organic Avocado Oil. NO SULFATES, non tested on animals, hypoallergenic, dye-free. Vibrantly smooth conditioner contains Organic Coconut Oil =D)
    • One N' Only Argon Moisture Repair Conditioner (FREE of sulfates, phosphates, and parabens). Does contain propylene glycol
 It seems as though the TRESemme is my safest product wise to stick with when it comes to safe ingredients. They have 3 different type of conditioners that all contain certified organic ingredients. I will add ingredients such as aloe vera gel, glycerin, to see if there is a notable difference. This will be updated when I find a staple co-washing conditioner.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment